Rotations and Continuity Clinics at several clinical sites
DMC: Inpatient consultations and outpatient clinic, including Pediatric Rheunatology consults at Children's Hospital of Michigan. Ultrasound training for second years. Opportunities for basic science, clinical research and Quality Improvement Projects with active faculty support and mentorship. Specialty clinics: MSK ultrasound, Uveitis.
VA: Procedure only clinic with intra-articular injections and joint aspirations, telemedicine incorporated.
- Fellows have continuity clinic one ½ day per week irrespective of your assigned rotation.
- Continuity clinic site assignment (either DMC or VA) depends on where you begin your fellowship
Due to COVID-19 we have telemedicine as well as in-person clinics at both DMC and VA
Didactics: Weekly division Grand Rounds. Didactics structured to emphasize high-yield topics for Rheumatology boards. Peer-to-peer fellow education with active faculty participation.
Due to this year COVID-19, our didactics have been converted to virtual until further notice. Didactics continue to represent a dynamic and engaging experience despite the virtual medium.
Didactics sessions include:
- Rheumatology Grand Rounds
- Journal Club
- Case Discussions
- Fellow group study
- Board Review
Research/Conferences: Fellows are highly encouraged to actively participate in basic science, clinical and/or Quality Improvement Projects. Faculty provide enthusiastic support and mentorship in the furtherance of scholarly activity. The division grants protected time for educational meetings to enable fellows to participate in regional and national meetings to present research. These conferences provide educational as well as career development opportunities for fellows and are supported by a $2500 annual educational stipend.
- First year fellows attend the annual University of Pennsylvania First-Year Rheumatology Fellows Conference in Philadelphia (a boot camp/intro to Rheumatology) as well as the State of the Art Clinical Symposium (SOTA) sponsored by the American College of Rheumatology.
- Second year fellows attend the annual meeting of the American College of Rheumatology (ACR)